Friends of the Church in China is an ecumenical group of individuals, churches and organisations which builds links with both the Protestant and Catholic communities in China. It is a channel for Christians in Britain to thank God for the faith of the Christians of China, to pray for them, and to develop a meaningful relationship which enables mutual sharing and understanding.
Through the FCC members have opportunities to:
- meet with visiting delegations from churches and seminaries in China, and with students on courses in Britain and Ireland;
- participate in China opportunities such as a Summer English Teaching Programme, and study visits;
- support and learn about creative educational, social and development projects in cooperation with the Amity Foundation, the China Christian Council, Jinde Charities, and Chinese seminaries.
- receive the FCC Update with news items from China which particularly relate to Christianity, as well as information on FCC activities;
FCC is guided by a Constitution which identified three foundational activities:
- an active participation in mutual visits between Britain and China;
- an intentional commitment to a ‘fellowship of prayer’;
- a role in helping churches in the UK understand more about Christianity in China.
The day-to-day running of the FCC is overseen by the FCC Committee who are elected at the Annual General Meeting in November. Including AGM, the FCC Committee meets quarterly.